In Left-Hand Path, players awaken in a cursed darkened castle with a tragic history full of never-before-seen, freaking scary-ass creatures that are after your skin. Armed with arcane powers and a thirst for exploration, players must wield their newly-found powers and explore to find even more powerful spells and rituals, while trying to stay alive long enough to solve the mysteries of Well of All Rewards.
"Left-Hand Path is proof that you should be very afraid of things that go bump in the night and hide in the dark," said Hugh Hancock, indie developer behind Left-Hand Path." "I designed it to in a way that the story will compel you to finish the game even though your common sense will tell you to stop playing because you no longer have any shit left in your body to be scared out of you."
- Full Video Game: Delve deep into a fleshed-out game experience - over 15 hours of single-player, VR-exclusive content.
- Battle for Your Life: Fight lethal monsters that will test both your physical skills – duck, dodge, outmaneuver – and your mastery of magic.
Spell Casting: Learn arcane gestures to cast powerful spells. Examples include fling acid missiles, strike your foes using the lightning staff, rain meteors from the sky, conjure an army of screaming skulls, flaming boulders from the ground, and many more.
- Master a complex ritual magic system based on historical Hermetic magic.
- Expand Powers: Gather the fallen Husks of your foes to gain power and unlock new abilities.
- Exploration: Choose whether to explore nooks and crannies of the world to discover secret truths and powers. Investigate eerie landscapes, and interact with other humans, including historical figures such as Lord Byron and Samuel Taylor Coleridge, and strange creatures.
- Locomotion: Supports both teleport and sliding.
- Minimum Specs: Runs on any PC or gaming laptop that supports VR.
- NEW IN RELEASE VERSION: Low-Terror Mode and Story Mode: Play the game youwant to play. After massive demand from Early Access players, Low-Terror Mode allows you to experience Left-Hand Path’s gameplay and story even if you don’t have a high terror tolerance, while Story Mode will let you experience the narrative and VR atmosphere without dying a million times in the process!
“Left-Hand Path is not your traditional VR experience. This is a full 15-hour video game with immersive storyline written to sink you further into the game. This is not your grandma’s VR, and this is not a seated experience. You will need room to cast spells, avoid enemies and their weapons, peak into secret passages, and bring hidden items into view. This is a room-scale game only. Prepare to die and try not to soil yourself,” said Hancock.
Strange Company is the production company of gaming and film pioneer Hugh Hancock. Founded in 1997 by Hugh Hancock and Gordon McDonald, Strange Company was the world’s longest-running oldest ‘Machinima’ production company until 2016. Hugh and Gordon also founded Machinima.com, which became the “Machinima” network, in 2000. Machinima sold to Warner Brothers in 2016. In 2016, Strange Company (now run by Hugh) transitioned into full-time Virtual Reality game development. Left-Hand Path is the first game from Strange Company.